Monday 28 February 2011

Skint

Ahhh wish I had some money ! Still saving my pennies for a bicycle. Mybeautifulbike.com still hasn't been in touch re: when they will be getting a delivery and also what sizes the bikes are. So I'm still trawling the Internet for cheap Dutch bikes ( ha! There's no such thing ) and wishing I could afford a pashley RIGHT NOW ! I'm really taken with the pashley poppy. It's so unbelievably pink and adorable. Plus I know it will be the right size. But £450 ? Thebikefactory.com has them in stock for £365 but the special price ends tomorrow, when it goes back upto £435. And of course I don't have enough money right now to get it at the cheaper price :( So, yes, still saving hard and spending my spare time looking at online bike stores. Hey, anyone who knows me knows when I get an idea in my head I get obsessed ! Also been looking at Knog bike stuff, waaaayyyy cool ! Fingerless bike gloves with "love" and "hate" on the knuckles


Anyway, just finished reading Bernie Friend's "Cycling back to happiness" and I must say, what a brilliant book ! What a brave man, with a very quirky n funny writing style. Since I've been looking to get into cycling I've started taking note of my local cycling infrastructure. There isn't any. One bike lane on a short path through the estate does not constitute a cycling infrastructure. There's nowhere in town to lock a bike up. Bear in mind I want to be able to get my shopping on my bike, so this is going to be a problem. And with the whole country in economic turmoil I can't see the local council spending money to put it right. Right, this mornings job is to parcel up the stuff I've sold on eBay and amazon and post it all off. Every penny gets me closer to a beautiful bicycle ! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPh - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment